Thursday, 25 January 2018

P2, M2 & D1


For my College@Deyes advertising campaign I intend on using print and audio media. I will be attempting to attain a high level of consistencey throughout the campaign, to enforce the image of the brand, enabling the viewer to associate a certain housestyle/design with College@Deyes, making it instantly recognisable.
 
Firstly, I will use two different methods of distributing; social media and an advertising place on a bus stop. Social media is a crucial medium that cannot be left out, due to the mass of people using it. In 2017, there has been calculated that 2.46 billion people are using social networks (https://www.statista.com/topics/1164/social-networks/), a number that has been rising since 2010 and not expected to stop. With this increase most likely staying constant, it would be ridiculous to not use platforms such as instagram and snapchat, which according to my research are the most popular within the target audience. In my own research, Instagram received 47% and Snapchat received 53%, with the rest of the options (Twitter, Facebook, ‘other’) not being chosen at all. To take advantage of their popularity, I intend on creating a College@Deyes Instagram account that will be used to post marketing material such as posters and to possibly hold a competition to attract interest from users who visit the account /see the posts. By utilising the ‘tagging’ feature, I can encourage  those who may want to take part in competition/giveaway to tag their friends, sending more traffic onto the page. To do this I may have a condition such as “tag 5 friends to enter”, to make sure a good amount of users are finding out bout the page each time. The posts will not only slogans and quotes but will also align with the brief by using the Instagram posts as a way of showcasing previous results. If I decide to use any models for the posters, it is vital that they are not only doing smehting productive in the picture, but they also look like they’re enjoing it. This is because the overall student experience is very important, especially those who are higher achieving and aiming for university, due to them needing much more than just grades to get where they want to be (hobbies, interests ect). This means the potential students need to know that Deyes is a place that they can thrive. I shall attempt to portray this in the posters by shining a loght on extra-curricular activities and oppurtunitie that Deyes can open up and make more accesible to them. For my bus stop adverts I will use similar posters to keep the continuity in the campaign. This is a real help for people while viewing to allow them to recognise the poster and affiliate that with an organisation, in this case Deyes High (due to them housing College@Deyes). The only difference between the bus stop adverts and the social media posters is the QR code. This will be scanned by the viewer and will take them to a survey. This survey will allow the user to review the poster and let me know if it was effective. On completion of the survey, it will give users a link that takes them to the competition post on Instagram, allowing them to get involved with the competition. However, to add an incentive for the users to complete the survey, completeing it will eliminate one of the entery requirements. I have picked a bus stop advert as they’re very commonly found wothin the local area, with a lot of potential spots to pick from. My main locations would have to be the Maghull Square and the Maghull train station as these places have people visiting all the time at all different times, with the station peaking around 7-9am on weekdays and around 2-4pm on weekends.


As legal issues go, I will have to draw up release forms for any people I am using within the posters, allowing them to give me consent via document. This is important as without the release forms, the campaign could suffer from unnecessary legal issues such as suing. The posters will be designed with a common component staying consistent throughout, the Deyes logo/badge. To use this, I will need to request the IP rights to the logo from the Lydiate Leanring Trust to avoid any copyright issues. The final legal constraint I may have is from any found material, I need to be careful that any unoriginal content I use is loyalty free, meaning everyone has the permission to use it. Legalities need to be dealt with corrently as any legal problems could cause damage to Deyes’ reputation, which may hurt their chances of attracting the high achieving pupils like they wish.




Another advertising method I will be using is audio, in the form of a streaming service advert. The average advert length for one of these is between 30 seconds to a minute and you have to be able to make the most of this time. I will try to do this by combining up beat music and audio clips of students using an energetic tone of voice to deliver fun and informative lines. Music streaming services seemed the most appropriate route to go down as my research found that 87% of students use music streaming services whereas 7% purchase it, 7% chose other and 0% chose radio. The popularity of streaming services is too high to ignore, therefore I shall be creating an advert that is suitable for Spotify as in my research this took 67% of the vote, with SoundCloud only have 20% (when asked what streaming service the students used). Within the audio advert, any slogans will be the same as those on the posters as continuity is crucial in the campaigns success.

Legal constraints are quite similar to those of the previous advertising format. Release forms will need to be produced for voice actors to prove that they have given their consent to be in the advert. I may also need to retrieve the IP for ‘College@Deyes’ as I do not want to infringe copyright. The music within the advert will have to be royalty free in order for me to use it, however, if I was to use something that isn't royalty free, I would have to ask the owner of the intellectual property for the right to use it. Also, if the advert claims that some voice actors are from the school (e.g student), they need to actually be from the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Client Brief

Your brief is to create a new cross-media advertising campaign to assist in recruiting the best GCSE students in the local area to attend Co...